Phodine for pH correction
The superior Magnesium Hydroxide product
Phodine is a superior formulated magnesium hydroxide liquid that can be used in a range of applications from pH adjustment in mining applications to sewer odour and corrosion control. The benefits of increasing the pH levels of all types of water with Phodine include:
Easy to handle liquid / slurry
- Non-settling, most stable formulation in the world.
- No extra make-up equipment – direct injection into the process, easily disperses
Non-hazardous / Non-corrosive
- No corrosive dust to manage, no dangerous liquid handling scenarios possible
- Eliminates downtime due to scale build-up
- Helps maintain optimum process flows between shutdowns
- Mg2+ improves de-watering efficiency (prior experience) in BFP’s
- Buffering & lack of solubility builds robustness for highly variable acidic coal feeds
- Magnesium salts (MgSO4) are soluble which reduces solids removal (flotation) costs.
- Simple safety and environmental controls, non-DG, full turn key solutions
- Phodine Plus is continuously liquid, pumped easily and improved stability.
- Hydrated Lime will cause lime scale build up in the process. Phodine Plus, as magnesium hydroxide, does not form a scale. Reduced maintenance costs and improved productivity must be factored into the overall cost effectiveness of replacing lime with Phodine Plus.
- Phodine Plus delivers a more accurate pH capability because the pH does not swing wildly compared to dosing caustic and lime.
- There is no need for operators, mixing personnel or other team members aligned to the process, Grenof are a turnkey provider meaning we manufacture, deliver, monitor, maintain and provide information to the operator on levels and usage. Phodine is a safer handling alternative due to its non-corrosive and non-toxic properties.
- Grenof further provide reports for the customer monthly on details within the operation.
- Most cost-effective neutralisation method for industrial waste streams.
- The most cost-effective method of reducing the burden of hydrogen sulphide corrosion.
- Extends asset life and optimise asset condition.
- Allows for larger bulk storage facilities to be installed which optimises delivery schedule and reduces delivery costs
- No wild fluctuations in pH since Phodine buffers to pH 9.2
- Makes achieving target pH more efficient
- Efficiently allows for the most cost-effective pH correction at treatment plants and processing plants.
Dosing and Storage
- Non-DG, simple control systems, no blockages, no powder, no spillages, simple pumps, fully enclosed system
- Simple tanks any size, can use poly, simple bunds and controls. Minimal land use, minimal storage requirements, no site issues.
Phodine the exceptional alternative to Caustic
For many customers, sodium hydroxide (50% caustic) has been used to neutralise wastewater from industrial processes to assist in pH control and ability to successfully complete other chemical dosing and reuse. With the outstanding success of Grenof’s Phodine stabilised MHL, the safest non-DG neutralising agent is now available without the handling issues of the past. Phodine allows for true pH control and allows for ease of use of other chemicals and processes enabling full cost reduction across the full process
Caustic can be replaced with Phodine for water / wastewater neutralisation and is calculated based on the amount of hydroxyl groups that are available in the delivered products:
Phodine has 1.65 times more OH groups / L in other words: To replace 1L of 50% Caustic, you only need 606 ml of Phodine.
Phodine the elite alternative to Ferrous chloride
Phodine allows a for a more efficient and safe process in comparison to Ferrous Chloride use due to Ferrous chloride:
- Being a Hazardous - Corrosive DG Class 8
- Having High dose rates relative to Phodine.
- Having higher operational costs.
- Having higher capital costs required for dosing equipment and maintenance.
- Having high capital cost for handling the DG.
- Not oxidising in non-sulphide odorous compounds.
- Consumes alkalinity so alkali addition is often required.
- Dosing increases sulphide concentration.
- Creates a sediment and may have impacts on sludge collection in the network / build-up in wet wells.
- Reducing sludge dewatering efficiency and handling at the STP.
- Contains metals other than iron
Phodine the superior alternative to Lime
For many customers Lime has been used to neutralise wastewater from industrial processes to assist in pH control and ability to complete other chemical dosing and reuse. With the outstanding success of Grenof’s Phodine stabilised MHL, the safest non-DG neutralising agent is now available without the handling issues of the past. Phodine allows for true pH control and allows for ease of use of other chemicals and processes enabling full cost reduction across the full process
Lime can be replaced with Phodine Plus for water / wastewater neutralisation and is calculated based on the amount of hydroxyl groups that are available in the delivered products:
To replace 1MT of 90% Hydrated Lime, you need 767L of Phodine Plus.
Handling of the two products and process effects, need to be considered for replacement assessment:
- Phodine plus is continuously liquid, pumped easily and doesn’t settle.
- Phodine handling is exceptional
- Hydrated Lime will cause lime scale build up in the process. Phodine, as magnesium hydroxide, does not form a scale. Reduced maintenance costs and improved productivity must be further factored into the overall cost effectiveness of replacing lime with Phodine.
- The added benefit of dealing with a o non-Dangerous Good, exceptional storage and operational capability enables the most cost-efficient mechanism for pH control with all the added benefits Phodine offers.
- There is no risk to overdose meaning greater pH control and further cost control ensuring the most efficient process is available.